We want to thank our 3,409 Member-Owners, shoppers, staff, vendors, and the whole community for helping Monadnock Food Co-op reach an incredible milestone in December: the groundbreaking of our expanded community-owned grocery store in downtown Keene. Also notable, we officially transitioned from renting our property to being its owner.
I am incredibly grateful to our community, who understands where they spend their dollars really matters. With your support and participation, our sales have doubled since we first opened in 2013.
We have a lot of exciting things to look forward to with our expansion. A few include:
- We’ll have an expanded recycling station in our front entrance to provide better recycling options for customers.
- Almost all departments will grow in size, providing more local and healthy product offerings.
- Our Finance and Marketing staff will move back on site.
- A bigger café with a flexible meeting space for in-store events and community meetings.
- A completed amphitheater that can host community events.
- Additional parking that will feature electric vehicle charging stations to support our region’s transition to greener vehicles.
We still have a long journey ahead of us with an estimated 10-month construction schedule, but we plan to stay open throughout the process.
Please stop in and see our progress in action (our café provides a front-row seat view of our construction site!). If you have any questions or comments about our expansion, please feel free to reach out to me at 603-283-5401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.