Everyone is welcome to shop at Monadnock Food Co-op, but there are awesome benefits to ownership.
More about Member-Ownership
Becoming a Member-Owner means you own a share of our business and get to reap the benefits.
Join more than 3,900 of your friends and neighbors in owning the Monadnock Food Co-op. Although you don’t have to be a Member-Owner to shop, we think the benefits of ownership are pretty great. Get owner coupons and patronage refunds when we are profitable, keep more money in our community, and invest in a business that will always be locally owned.
When you become a Member-Owner of the Monadnock Food Co-op you:
- Receive new Member-Owner coupons when you join.
- Enjoy a 10% discount coupon once per quarter and 10% off case pre-orders every day.
- During profitable years, receive your patronage refund proportional to the amount you spend at the co-op.
- Shape the future of our community-owned grocery store by attending the annual meeting.
- Vote in our annual Board of Directors elections or run for an open seat on the board.
- Build our local food supply by supporting over 300 local producers who supply our store, while enjoying fresh, healthy foods and sustainable products.
- Create a vibrant local economy that puts people before profits and keeps profits within the community.
- Share the knowledge about health, nutrition, local farmers, and great food with workshops and newsletters from Monadnock Food Co-op in Keene, NH.
How It Works
- To join, invest $200 of equity upfront or in $25 installments.
- Ask about assistance through our Membership for All program.
- Receive your new Member-Owner packet with coupons and a card for tracking your patronage.
- Provide your Member-Owner card, number, or name to your cashier on each shopping trip.
- Up to two additional designated adults in the Voting Member-Owner’s household may shop on your
Click here for a brochure with all our membership details. For your convenience, you can invest online to become an owner today using the form if you pay the full $200 equity. Please allow 2 weeks for us to process your application and mail out your member-owner cards.
If you intend to invest with 8 monthly $25 installments, you can pay your first installment online with PayPal today, then download and complete our ACH automatic withdrawal form & mail it to us or bring it into the store so we can complete your next 7 payments. Once we receive your ACH form back, we will mail out or give you your owner cards. $25 will be withdrawn from your account on the 15th of every month until you have invested the full $200, or notify our Finance Department in writing to pause your payments.
Mail form to Finance Department, Monadnock Food Co-op, 34 Cypress St, Keene, NH 03431
Of course, the quickest way to invest is in-person, at our co-op!
- Ownership of our co-op is open and voluntary to anyone who supports the purposes and principles, intends to make use of its services, and accepts the responsibility of Membership-Ownership.
- Voting Member-Owners shall have the right to participate and vote in regular and special meetings and to attend any open meeting of the Board of Directors or of a Committee.
- Our co-op’s Board members meet from 4:45-6:45 pm on the third Monday of each month at the Hannah Grimes Center in Roxbury St. In Keene.
- While member equity is potentially refundable, it is at the discretion of the Board of Directors. You may withdraw your equity by requesting a refund, please do so in writing to our Membership Coordinator at: membership@Monadnockfood.coop. Please expect two weeks for approval and processing.
- Nationwide, each food co-op is independent and owned by members of its own community. While Monadnock Food Co-op demonstrates Principle 6, “Cooperation among co-ops,” and sometimes shares resources with neighboring food co-ops, we are not affiliated in any way. Member-Owners cannot earn patronage refunds from our co-op on money spent at other co-ops in the region, and vice versa.
- Patronage Refunds are only distributed to Voting Member-Owners with active memberships in good standing*
“Active membership in good standing” requires:
- Equity payments are current or paid in full.
- All contact information is current.
- Member-Owner has made a purchase in the last 12 months.