The Monadnock Food Co-op gives back to our community in many different ways.
Community Support Donations
Monadnock Food Co-op contributes food or gift cards regularly to a wide range of community organizations that align with the following guidelines:
- Support the Monadnock Region / Southwestern New Hampshire.
- Have no political or religious affiliations.
- Have a goal of improving and/or educating consumers about the nutritional quality of food; improving sustainability in food production; and/or supporting local food production.
- Support cooperative values, such as farm production co-ops.
- Support learning and personal development, such as educational institutions.
- Promote buying from locally owned businesses and support the local economy.
- Provide support to members of the community who are in need, such as low-income households.
- Support environmental stewardship.
Looking for co-op sponsorship for an event or initiative? Please keep in mind that we only consider requests from community organizations that support the Monadnock Region/Southwestern N.H. and organizations that have no political or religious affiliations. Please complete this request form.
Round It Up Drives
Our co-op holds monthly Round It Up donation drives allowing customers to round their purchase up to the nearest dollar, five or ten at the register, and donate their change to a non-profit that works locally and aligns with our mission.
The goal of our Round It Up Donation Drives is to raise funds for initiatives that improve the health of our community and help create a vibrant, sustainable local food system.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- work in partnership with Monadnock Food Co-op or our suppliers to extend our cooperative’s work and meet our Ends Policies in ways that our own organization cannot
- work within the Monadnock Region
Round It Up Schedule for 2021:
- January: Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
- February: Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
- March: The Daily Good
- April: Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
- One-Day – Monadnock Conservancy – April 17
- May: Monadnock Localvores
- June: Cornucopia Project
- July: Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
- One-Day: Monadnock Farm & Community Coalition – July 17
- August: Food Connects
- September: NOFA-NH
- October – Co-op Community Fund
- November – Membership for All Fund
- December: Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
- One-Day: 100 Nights Shelter – December 11
Apply to become a Round It Up Donation Drive Partner: Our 2021 application period is CLOSED. Our 2022 application will be posted in late Fall 2021.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
We are proud to offer the Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund, a grant opportunity for local farmers through a partnership with the Cheshire County Conservation District.
The Farm Fund empowers local farmers to grow their businesses in ways that feel sustainable and right to them. It also helps our co-op broaden its offerings of locally grown, raised, and made foods — that means more local food for you, your family, and our community.
The Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund’s mission is to support local farmers in increasing sustainable food production and wholesale sales to contribute to a thriving local farm economy.
This grant supports several of our co-op’s End’s Statements, and the Cheshire County Conservation District’s focus on supporting the viability of farm businesses and the stewardship of natural resources that farmers provide. Since starting in 2017, our Farm Fund has awarded over $87,000 in grants to sixteen local farms.
Apply for a Grant: 2020 Grant Cycle is CLOSED.
Make a Donation to the Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
During months where we do not have a specific Round it Up Donation Drive at our co-op’s cash registers, you can always ask to round your total up when you shop at our co-op.
Tax-deductible donations to this fund can also be made to the Cheshire County Conservation District by using the button below and writing “Farm Fund” under “Add Special Instructions,” or by making a check payable to “Cheshire County Conservation District” and write “MFC Farm Fund” as a note. Mail your check to: CCCD, 11 Industrial Park, Dr., Walpole, NH 03608
For more information email Amanda Littleton or call at 603-756-2988 ext. 4.
Monadnock Cooperative Community Fund
In 2016 our cooperative established the Monadnock Cooperative Community Fund within the Twin Pines Cooperative Foundation (TCPF). This fund operates somewhat like an endowment, in that money contributed to the fund by our co-op and Member-Owners will be pooled with contributions from 40+ other cooperatives to support cooperative development throughout the United States. We donate the interest earned on these funds to non-profits of our choice here in our community. For example, over nearly 20 years, the Hanover Co-op’s CCF has donated almost $200,000 to local nonprofits. Donating to this fund is a win-win strategy for supporting our community as well as supporting the growth of other co-ops.
Over a million dollars of these funds are deployed right here in New Hampshire through the NH Community Loan Fund, Cooperative Fund of New England, and the ICA LEAF Fund. These three regionally-based co-op organizations make loans to food, housing, worker, and other types of cooperatives in our state. The funds invested by TPCF leverage over $30 million for cooperative development.
Monadnock Food Co-op seeded this fund in 2016 with $5,000, which was matched by a cumulative donation of $5,000 by six cooperatives we work with: Cabot Creamery Cooperative, Equal Exchange, Frontier Co-op, Organic Valley, National Co-op Grocers, and Capital impact. Last fall, we offered the option for Member-Owners to donate their patronage refunds from our Fiscal Year 2019 to the Monadnock Cooperative Community Fund, ensuring the dollars they spend at our co-op continue to do even more good for our food system, our community, the cooperative movement and beyond!