The Monadnock Food Co-op gives back to our community in many different ways.
Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
The mission of the Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund is to support local, sustainable wholesale food production, farm viability, and farmland protection. The Farm Fund consists of a grant opportunity for local farmers through a partnership with the Cheshire County Conservation District, plus a land conservation fund with The Monadnock Conservancy.
Farm Fund Grant Program
The Farm Fund Grant Program supports several of our Co-op’s End’s Statements and the Cheshire County Conservation District’s focus on supporting the viability of farm businesses, farmland protection, and the stewardship of natural resources that farmers provide. Since starting in 2017, our Farm Fund has awarded over $119,000 in grants to eighteen local farms.
2023 Grant Cycle is CLOSED.
Applications were due February 1, 2023.
Make a Donation to the Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
During months when we do not have a specific Round it Up Donation Drive at our Co-op’s cash registers, you can always ask to round your total up when you shop at our Co-op.
Tax-deductible donations to this fund can also be made to the Cheshire County Conservation District by using the button below and writing “Farm Fund” under “Add Special Instructions” or by making a check payable to “Cheshire County Conservation District” and writing “MFC Farm Fund” as a note. Mail your check to CCCD, 11 Industrial Park, Dr., Walpole, NH 03608
For more information, email Amanda Littleton or call at 603-756-2988 ext. 4.
Community Support Donations
Monadnock Food Co-op contributes food or gift cards regularly to a wide range of community organizations that align with the following guidelines:
- Support the Monadnock Region / Southwestern New Hampshire.
- Have no political or religious affiliations.
- Have a goal of improving and/or educating consumers about the nutritional quality of food; improving sustainability in food production; and/or supporting local food production.
- Support cooperative values, such as farm production co-ops.
- Support learning and personal development, such as educational institutions.
- Promote buying from locally owned businesses and support the local economy.
- Provide support to members of the community who are in need, such as low-income households.
- Support environmental stewardship.
Looking for co-op sponsorship for an event or initiative? Please keep in mind that we only consider requests from community organizations that support the Monadnock Region/Southwestern N.H. and organizations that have no political or religious affiliations. Please complete this request form.
Tabling & Petitioning
We provide opportunities for partnering not-for-profit organizations (501c3) to network with our community on Co-op property. Priority will be given to groups that have a direct impact on our Mission and Ends Policy or Cooperative Principles.
Eligible organizations interested in tabling or petitioning at the Co-op are required to fill out the Tabling & Petitioning Form at least two weeks in advance.
Round It Up Drives
Our Co-op holds monthly Round It Up donation drives allowing customers to round their purchase up to the nearest dollar, five or ten at the register, and donate their change to a non-profit that works locally and aligns with our mission.
The goal of our Round It Up Donation Drives is to raise funds for initiatives that improve the health of our community and help create a vibrant, sustainable local food system.
We give priority to applicants who:
- work in partnership with Monadnock Food Co-op or our suppliers to extend our cooperative’s impacts and meet our Ends Policies in ways that our own organization cannot
- work within the Monadnock Region
Round It Up Schedule for 2023:
- January: Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
- February: Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
- March: Monadnock Farm & Community Coalition
- April: Southwest Community Services
- May: Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
- June: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Focus
- June 3 – 9: American Independent Business Alliance
- June 10 -16: The Daily Good
- June 17 – 23: Keene Pride
- June 24 – 30: Monadnock Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Coalition
- July: Monadnock Food Co-op Farm Fund
- August – Food Connects
- September – NOFA – NH
- October – Co-op Community Fund
- November – Cornucopia Project
- December – The Community Kitchen
Our Round It Up Donation Drive Partner Application Period is currently CLOSED.
The application period for 2024 will open in December 2023.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Local Crowd Monadnock
The Local Crowd (TLC) Monadnock is a community-based crowdfunding platform that empowers individuals to support the businesses, organizations, and initiatives that grow wealthier and healthier communities in our region. Monadnock Food Co-op proudly hosts this program in New Hampshire.Learn More
Monadnock Cooperative Community Fund
In 2016 our cooperative established the Monadnock Cooperative Community Fund within the Twin Pines Cooperative Foundation (TCPF). This fund operates somewhat like an endowment, in that money contributed to the fund by our co-op and Member-Owners will be pooled with contributions from 40+ other cooperatives to support cooperative development throughout the United States. We donate the interest earned on these funds to non-profits of our choice here in our community. For example, over nearly 20 years, the Hanover Co-op’s CCF has donated almost $200,000 to local nonprofits. Donating to this fund is a win-win strategy for supporting our community as well as the growth of other co-ops.
Over a million dollars of these funds are deployed right here in New Hampshire through the NH Community Loan Fund, Cooperative Fund of New England, and the ICA LEAF Fund. These three regionally-based co-op organizations make loans to food, housing, worker, and other types of cooperatives in our state. The funds invested by TPCF leverage over $30 million for cooperative development.
Monadnock Food Co-op seeded this fund in 2016 with $5,000, which was matched by a cumulative donation of $5,000 by six cooperatives we work with: Cabot Creamery Cooperative, Equal Exchange, Frontier Co-op, Organic Valley, National Co-op Grocers, and Capital impact. This fall, we will offer the option for Member-Owners to donate their patronage refunds from Fiscal Year 2021 to the Monadnock Cooperative Community Fund, ensuring the dollars they spend at our co-op continue to do even more good for our food system, our community, the cooperative movement and beyond!