Green Updates from Our Co-op

Compostable Packaging

After working through supply chain issues and other related challenges, we are excited to share that we have transitioned our deli, bulk, and produce Grab & Go containers from recyclable plastic to compostable packaging. Please look for containers with raised tops and signs on the shelves to identify this compostable packaging. These containers can be composted in-store at our café waste station – look for the compost waste bin. If you’re looking for a home composting option in Keene, we recommend Elm City Compost. They have a pick-up system in our Co-op parking lot for those who subscribe to their composting service.

Electric Vehicle DC Fast Chargers

I am also pleased to share that the NH Executive Council approved our grant agreement to install two Electric Vehicle DC fast chargers and two level 2 electric vehicle chargers at our Co-op this week. This approval is a long-awaited administrative step that allows us to move ahead with ordering equipment and installation. We are planning to get started with the installation of this project in the spring of 2023 with the goal of having the stations ready for use by the spring of 2024. Huge thanks to the Monadnock Sustainability Hub and ReVision Energy as partners on this project. This initiative began in 2018 when New Hampshire was awarded Volkswagen settlement funds. Monadnock Food Co-op received a grant through the settlement funds to cover 80% of the project’s costs. The remaining 20% was raised through The Local Crowd Monadnock and other fundraising efforts.

Learn more about our sustainability efforts!