I recently went to the co-op and noticed the two new, large signs above the entrances to our co-op: “Co-op Cafe” and “Everyone Welcome.” I was excited to see the cafe signage, but then the other sign gave me a pause. As a board member, I know what we’re doing to practice DEI – Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion — but does everyone know what we’re up to?
- Improvements made for persons with disabilities — parking lot spaces by the building, the door opener to the cafe, and the amphitheater is accessible
- Financial accessibility — Healthy Food For All, Membership for All, and Double Up Food Bucks programs
- Staff diversity rates — met or exceed the demographics of our region
- Inclusivity training for all staff — what it means to be non-binary
- Racial Equity — Partnered with organizations to provide information and education
If any of the above touches you or someone you love, you know they are significant, important, and impactful.
Happy Spring Festivals of all religions and cultures, everyone!