Cooperatives are an alternative business model where the community invests in the business, rather than banks or distant shareholders. Co-op member-owners receive a share of the profits depending on how much they each use the business. This keeps the profit and control of the business in the hands of the community that owns it.
Monadnock Food Co-op currently has over 2600 Member-Owners!
Benefits of Ownership Include:
• Quarterly 10% off Member-Owner discount coupons.
• 10% discount when you order by the case.
• Annual Patronage Refund based on your purchases, as declared by the Board when our co-op is profitable.
• Satisfaction of knowing you are investing in a business working to create a more sustainable local food system and to meet our co-op’s Ends Policies.
• Each fully-vested member has a vote to determine who serves on our Board of Directors.
For your convenience, you can invest online using the form below – but please allow 2 weeks for us to process your application and mail out your member cards. The quickest way to invest is in-person, at our co-op.