New Year’s Resolution
One Facebook Fan shared that they receive food stamps and are looking to stretch their food dollars in 2019. They have celiac disease, so finding healthy food options that they can afford is a real challenge.
In 2013, we hosted a public viewing of the movie, The Place at the Table. This film brought our community together around the critical need to make healthy food more accessible to all. While we still have a long ways to go, the co-op is committed to doing more in 2019 (and beyond) to bring more healthy, fresh, and affordable options to more people.
When you shop:
- Pick up a brochure and application for our Healthy Food for All Program — it provides a 10% discount on purchases to eligible applicants.
- Use our Sales Flyers to find great items at low prices — options 20% below our major competitor’s prices.
- Look for our Co+op Basics logo and discover items offered at low prices every day.
- Pick up our Discover coupon book — this month we offer almost $50 in savings.
- The Co-op also plans to roll out a program like the Double Up Food Bucks in 2019. Please stay tuned for more details in late spring.