Be a part of our success!
We have added more display cases to our store and are offering more and more healthy choices! We are increasing our staff and are looking for qualified, dedicated, enthusiastic, customer-oriented applicants for key positions!
Assistant Store Manager
- We recently promoted from within, so we need to fill this opening! We are looking for a leader with an upbeat attitude and sense of humor who has knowledge of sustainable practices, experience with HVAC systems, facilities maintenance, and vendor relations. This position ensures smooth daily store operations, strong management presence, prompt, friendly customer service and a well-maintained store appearance at all times and will act as the back up to the Store Manager. The ideal candidate will also have management experience including hiring, training, evaluating, coaching and developing staff as well as experience in budgeting and meeting sales, labor and margin goals. Schedule will include a variety of shifts including weekend, early morning and evening shifts.
Assistant Grocery Manager
- Assist in managing operations and staff in our grocery departments which include Frozen, Dairy, Packaged Goods, Bulk, Wellness, Bread, and Beer & Wine. These departments are the ‘nuts and bolts’ of our store. Experience in merchandising, supervising, buying and meeting department sales, margins and labor goals desired. This fun but challenging position is a great opportunity for the right person. Sunday – Thursday schedule includes at least one closing shift.
- Do you love cheese? We have an opening for a buyer for our cheese department. You’d select, order, receive, wrap, price, and stock cheese; offer samples and suggestions for purchase and nutrition information to customers; design and deliver community education series. Knowledge of current trends in the natural foods industry is desirable as well as ability to offer cooking and suggesting pairing choices with food and wine. Experience managing inventory preferred. Schedule generally includes Tuesday – Saturday. Shifts will vary depending on department needs.
Cook – Full and Part time
- Prepare foods for soup & hot bar, deli and grab & go cases. Research and develop new recipes. Assist in training coworkers. Provide friendly and helpful interaction with customers. Experience working in a commercial kitchen is preferred. Familiarity and knowledge of current trends in the natural foods industry including gluten-free products helpful. Schedule includes variety of shifts
Deli & Beverage Clerk – Full and Part time
- Love creating that special item for a customer? Create made-to-order beverages as well as cross-train in the Deli/Sandwich service counter. Direct interaction with customers requires someone with excellent customer service skills and the ability to work fast, but accurately. Experience in food handling and service preferred. Schedule includes variety of shifts.
Produce Assistant Manager
- This position helps to oversee the purchasing, merchandising, staffing and inventory management of our produce department; provides excellent internal and external customer service. Experience working in a produce department, farmers market, or similar environment is important. Familiar with large variety of fruits and vegetables as well as cooking and preparing options would be helpful. Knowledge of organic and commercial growing practices and organic certification regulations a plus. Strong communication and organization skills are required, as well as attention to detail, time management, superior customer service skills, and a sense of humor. Schedule will include a variety of shifts including weekend, early morning and evening shifts.
At this time we do not hire for short-term or temporary positions unless so stated.
To apply for a job at the Monadnock Food Co-op, fill out the Application completely. You can save it as a PDF document and attach it to email, or print it and mail it, or drop it off at the store. You may add additional sheets if you have extensive work experience. Please include a cover letter and résumé. Send to Monadnock Food Co-op, 34 Cypress Street, Keene, NH 03431; or by fax: 603-354-7908 or by email to email@example.com. If sending by email, please put the desired job title in the subject line.