Be a part of our success!
We have added more display cases to our store and are offering more and more healthy choices! We are increasing our staff and are looking for qualified, dedicated, enthusiastic, customer-oriented applicants for key positions!
- Emily is moving away to help make another Co-op successful! We need someone special to fill her shoes. This position oversees the purchasing, merchandising, staffing and inventory management of our produce department; provides excellent internal and external customer service; supports and develops departmental and store systems. A passion for sourcing local, sustainable and healthy produce is a must as well as creating positive relationships with local farmers. The ideal candidate will have experience hiring, training, leading, scheduling, supervising staff, ordering, pricing, receiving, and inventory management. Natural and organics knowledge is ideal. Strong communication and organization skills are required, as well as attention to detail, time management, superior customer service skills, and a sense of humor. Schedule will include a variety of shifts including weekend, early morning and evening shifts.
Assistant Store Manager
- We recently promoted from within, so we need to fill this opening! This position ensures smooth daily store operations, strong management presence, prompt, friendly customer service and a well-maintained store appearance at all times and will act as the back up to the Store Manager. The ideal candidate will have management experience including hiring, training, evaluating, coaching and developing staff as well as experience in budgeting and meeting sales, labor and margin goals. Schedule will include a variety of shifts including weekend, early morning and evening shifts.
- Do you love cheese? We have an opening for a buyer for our cheese department. You’d select, order, receive, wrap, price, and stock cheese; offer samples and suggestions for purchase and nutrition information to customers; design and deliver community education series. Knowledge of current trends in the natural foods industry is desirable as well as ability to offer cooking and suggesting pairing choices with food and wine. Experience managing inventory preferred. Schedule generally includes Tuesday – Saturday. Shifts will vary depending on department needs.
Meat & Seafood Clerk – Part time
- Would you enjoy assisting customers at the Meat & Seafood counter and creating value-added products for our new case; if you have knowledge of cooking and familiarity of the natural food industry, you might be who we are looking for! Schedule likely to include at least one weekday and one weekend closing shift
- Prepare foods for soup & hot bar, deli and grab & go cases. Research and develop new recipes. Assist in training coworkers. Provide friendly and helpful interaction with customers. Experience working in a commercial kitchen is desired. Familiarity and knowledge of current trends in the natural foods industry including gluten-free products helpful. Schedule includes variety of shifts
Deli & Beverage Supervisor
- This position will supervise the daily operations and staff of the Deli and Beverage service counters. Train new staff; manage daily operations to ensure food is being produced to high standards and in a safe and sanitary manner; work with staff to improve and develop skills and food knowledge. Experience in food service or deli preferred; supervision experience a plus. Schedule includes variety of shifts; Sunday – Thursday.
- Do you have commercial bakery experience and a passion for creating high quality, good tasting, and nutritious bakery items for the pleasure and convenience of our customers? This newly created position will also research and develop new recipes and menu items and will oversee and maintain the bakery department’s operation. Familiarity and knowledge of current trends in the natural foods industry including gluten-free products needed. Margin and costing as well as supervisory experience are preferred but not essential if the fit is right. Schedule includes a variety of shifts; generally Sunday – Thursday
Cashier – Full and Part time
- Are you a ‘people person’? In this position you’d interact with our member/owners and customers and display superior customer service. Must value accuracy and balancing the cash drawer. Cashiering experience preferred. Ability to stand for long periods and to remain calm under pressure needed. Flexible schedule could include days, nights and weekends.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook/ Utility Worker – Full time
- This position enjoys a variety of duties including dish washing, assisting the cooks with food prepping, unloading deliveries, and stocking supplies. Schedule primarily 6am – 2pm, Tuesday – Saturday however might vary depending on need
At this time we do not hire for short-term or temporary positions unless so stated.
To apply for a job at the Monadnock Food Co-op, fill out the Application completely. You can save it as a PDF document and attach it to email, or print it and mail it, or drop it off at the store. You may add additional sheets if you have extensive work experience. Please include a cover letter and résumé. Send to Monadnock Food Co-op, 34 Cypress Street, Keene, NH 03431; or by fax: 603-354-7908 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If sending by email, please put the desired job title in the subject line.