Stretch your corned beef beyond St. Patrick’s day with this rich and delicious recipe!
Dear Laura, what do I do with all our leftover corned beef?
So, you plan to make corned beef & cabbage for your St. Patrick’s Day feast but want to stretch leftover beef into something easy and delicious? Stay away from another day of the dreaded, microwaved leftovers and try something new. Meet the Reuben Strata: a mouth-watering way to use those pieces of meat for something that your whole family will be sure to love — mine do!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cube bread and corned beef brisket.
- Shred Swiss cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, corned beef, and sauerkraut.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, whipping cream, and salad dressing.
- Pour the dressing mixture over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13″x 9″ baking dish. Let stand and soak for 10 minutes.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 2 cups of cheese and bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- If desired, add more cheese, sauerkraut, and dressing to your plate for an even richer meal.
Laura is our Events & Marketing Associate who studied Food & Beverage Management at RIT, in Rochester, NY. She developed & implemented the curriculum for cooking classes at MoCo’s CAKE Camp. She attempts to post food on her Instagram account but only remembers halfway through eating.