Have a question for our co-op related to our COVID-19 Response?
Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions below. If you don’t see your question, please contact us.
Many of you have expressed appreciation and concern for our staff, thank you. We are equally grateful for all the work they do, and we continue to work to improve their safety during this crisis. To show our appreciation, we will provide temporary additional compensation to all of our employees. Please join me in thanking our staff for the critical role they play in keeping our community healthy and fed. We are implementing recommendations from the CDC and other experts to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible. We certainly hope the community will help our staff feel safer by not shopping when they are ill, to respect the 6 foot recommended distance, and to be kind when we are not able to provide the products they are looking for. Here are some of the things we’ve adopted to help our staff and customers stay safe in these times:
- Staff who are not well or are not comfortable working in the store are able to take time off without fear of losing their job; We initially increased their PTO to make this happen, since the Families First Coronavirus Response Act was enacted we are also able to offer 2-weeks sick pay at 100% and the Expanded FMLA at 2/3% of pay
- We have allowed the staff who are able to work from home to do so
- We have expanded our cleaning schedule and are hiring temporary staff to help
- We have closed the café but have set aside seating for staff
- We have created signage to remind customers to respect social distancing
- We provided gloves and masks to all staff and we allow the staff who have some masks of their own to wear them (some staff and customers have even made some for us)
- Reusable containers like coffee mugs are no longer accepted to restrict the risk of contamination
- We replaced self-serve coffee with a full-service coffee option
- We shut down our self-serve hot bar and salad bar and replaced these services with more grab ‘n go items
- We are upholding the Governor’s requirement that reusable bags not be used
- The Front end is working to have every other register open to allow for more space between customers
- We installed health shields to provide added protection for cashiers
- There are plastic gloves, sanitizing wipes and step-by-step directions for using them at the entrance of the store and in the bulk aisle
- Staff required to wear a face mask or shield
- Customers required to wear face coverings, disposable masks available for those without one
We do offer a Curbside Pick-Up program. Learn more here
. We don't offer a delivery service but will promote efforts led by other organizations to meet emerging needs. The Keene Young Professional Network (Keene YPN) launched a new delivery service for at-risk individuals. If you need or know of people who need supplies due to self-isolation or medical quarantine, please check out the Keene YPN COVID-19 Response Team Program. If you have any further questions, please contact Keene YPN’s special helpline at KeeneHelpers@gmail.com
For those looking to shop at less busy times at our co-op (but don’t qualify for our hours for at-risk shoppers
), we currently recommend shopping in the late morning. You can also check Google’s Popular Times graph
(see the right side of the page and scroll down a bit). It aggregates anonymous data and shows live updates on how busy the store is.
Reusable grocery bags and containers (for bulk items and the RO water machine) are now allowed — but please wash them after each use. Coffee mugs and other reusable containers in other parts of the store are still prohibited at this time.
Out of concern for the health of our community, we are not able to accept any item returns at this time (including refunds, store credits, and product exchanges). If any fresh product does not meet your standards or was spoiled or bad before its sell-by date, we will replace the item or issue a refund/credit. We are simply asking that you dispose of the product at home and bring us a receipt or speak with a manager so we can make it right.