Thank you to everyone who participated in our recent survey. Your feedback helps us better understanding how our co-op can better serve your needs.
Overwhelmingly, we heard that prices were a concern. We’re committed to our values, providing local, sustainable food options to our community and good wages and benefits to staff, but we also realize the need to offer more competitive prices. As an immediate response to your feedback, we made over 150 price changes in the produce and grocery department. Look for the “New Low Price” signs next time you shop.
We’d also like to share the current ways you can save money at the co-op:
- Our Co+op Deals program includes a biweekly flyer and quarterly coupon book. This program features dozens of sale items at unbeatable prices.
- We also have a bi-weekly fresh program featuring specials on our produce, deli, and meat/seafood items.
- You can pre-order items we carry in bulk quantities and save. Member-Owners receive a 10% discount and others a 5% discount.
Additionally, in the next several months, we’ll be exploring the following:
- Our product selection to ensure we can offer affordable choices throughout the store. This may include increasing availability of Field Day items, a lower cost private label brand. Be sure to check out how these prices compare to manufacturer brands
- More Member-Owner extras, additional cost savings for co-op Member-Owners.
- Member-Owner rewards program, offering Member-Owners coupons for frequent purchases at the co-op.
- Coffee bar program, which will offer shoppers rewards for frequent purchases.
- Basics program, which will offer highly competitive prices on kitchen staples.
- How to buy in bulk classes. How to shop the co-op on a budget brochure and class.
- Additionally, in 2014, we will offer 6 coupon books each year (2 more coupon books than we currently offer). These items will be tagged with tear off coupons right on the shelf!
We hope you’ll agree that these steps will help us make good progress in meeting our community’s request for more competitive pricing, while continuing to meet our goal of supporting local, sustainable agriculture.
If you were concerned about prices in the past, we hope you will give us another try. Thank you for your feedback to help us improve, and for your ongoing commitment in building our first community-owned food store.
Monadnock Food Co-op General Manager