Our local food Co-op, the Monadnock Community Market (MCM) Co-op, has reached a crucial benchmark in our development with 500 founding member-owners from across the Monadnock Region. To celebrate this benchmark, the MCM Co-op invites all to join in a celebration on March 26, 2011, 3:00 – 5:00pm at Heberton Hall in Keene.
The Co-op Celebration is a chance for our community and founding member-owners to meet and ask questions of the founding MCM Co-op Board Members and Project Manager, and enjoy coffee and sweets donated by Equal Exchange Co-op. We will also showcase floor plans for the 12,000 sq. ft. Co-op store, and hear comments from event co-sponsor Jack Dugan of Monadnock Economic Development Corporation, and Terry Appleby, General Manager of the 75-year-old Hanover Co-op.
Highlights for the event include:
- An update on our Co-op’s progress with special guest speakers and Co-op floor plans (the program begins at 3:15pm)
- Refreshments–bring your favorite potluck finger food to share
- Sandwich coupons to 50 lucky Co-op member-owners from The Works Café
- Chocolate, coffee, and tea from Equal Exchange Co-op
- Ice cream from Dave at Walpole Creamery
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) tables
- An opportunity to build our Co-op community and celebrate our Co-op’s progress!
Bring a friend: Let’s make this an opportunity to have a monster Co-op member drive! The math is obvious: if every founding member-owner attends and brings a friend to join, we could quickly turn this into the 1,000 member-owner celebration!
With just over 500 member-owners, we need 1,000 member-owners to open our full-service cooperatively-owned grocery store at Railroad Square in downtown Keene in the spring of 2012. Opening the doors on time requires raising additional funds, which will come from our next 500 member-owners and a Member Loan campaign, which will launch in April, 2011.
The member-owner celebration is one of several upcoming events for the MCM co-op in 2011, including a groundbreaking ceremony this summer, and member-owner celebrations at other benchmarks.